Welcome to my blog!

This blog is just a simple approach to finding deals, couponing, and maybe even making a few extra dollars... Whether you are saving for a vacation, or trying to make the most of your dollar on a day to day level, this blog will help you find your way!

Friday, April 8, 2011

Target Trip!

This Week I Took a LONG POA With Me
And I Found Some Great Deals.. Some I Even GOT PAID to Take Home With Me.

I Heart Target.
This week's Target Post is a bit different. When I post ALL the deals I found, etc, it can be a bit daunting to sift through it all and get the overall big picture.  This week, I am going with more of an inspirational (I hope) post that will highlight what I view as my BEST deals at Target this week.  Just using a 50c off manuf Huggies wipes coupon on wipes I needed that weren't on sale just isn't that special or interesting for this post.  Yes, it is essential to what we are doing.. saving money one coupon at a time.. but this post is all about INSPIRATION! You can do this! Here are some of the great deals you can get for yourself when you do!

*when you see a dollar amount and then T, that means I used a Target coupon for that amount. A dollar amount and then M is manufacturer.  To get the PRE COUPON amount, just add the coupons back into the final price, which is what I am posting here. In the first example, A&D was $3.74, then I used two coupons to make the final value 74c.   And all prices are PRE TAX.

  • A&D Baby Ointment   74c ($2T, $1M)
  • Circo Socks  Was Paid 30c ($1T and they were 70c on clearance)
  • Mini Oreos Snack Sack   $1 ($1T off 2.. was $1.50 pre coupon on sale)
  • Mini Chips Ahoy Snack Sack  $1 ($1T off 2.. was $1.50 pre coupon on sale)
  • 4 Ortega Taco/Fajita/etc Seasoning Packs at 19c EACH ($1 off 2 M)
  • Kikkoman Teryaki  67c ($1M)
  • Kikkoman Soy Sauce  67c ($1M)
  • Bisquick Shake and Pour Pancakes $1.24 (50cM)
  • CoffeeMate Powder Singles Creamers 52c ($1 off 2 M)
  • CoffeeMate Powder Singles French Vanilla Creamer 52c ($1 off 2M)
  • Dove Men BodyWash, FULL SIZE, Was Paid 2c  ($1T, $1M, and Was On Clearance for $1.98)
  • Degree Men's Deodorant, FULL SIZE, Was Paid 3c ($1T, $1M, and Was On Clearance for $1.97)
  • Colgate Total, Full Size, 14c ($1.50 M, $1 T)
  • Tylenol PM, 24ct AND Motrin 24ct, Was Paid 13c ($6 off 2 M)
  • Visine, Travel Sized, Was Paid 3c ($2 M)
  • Visine, Travel Sized, Was Paid 3c ($2 M)
  • Welch's Fruit Snacks  50c (50cM)
  • Welch's Fruit Snacks  50c (50cM)
  • Dasani 1 L Water  39c (BOGO T)
  • Dasani 1 L Water 39c (BOGO T)
  • Ore Ida Tator Tots 1.66 (Buy 2, Get 1 Free In Store Promotion)
  • Ore Ida Hashbrowns 1.66
  • Ore Ida Country Style Hashbrowns 1.66
  • Skittles Blendeds (check out counter) 19c ($1 off 2 T, 50c M)
  • Skittles Blendeds (orig 69c)  19c ($1 off 2 T, 50c M)

Total for all these good deals:  13.87

To recap, for just under $14, pre tax, I walked out of Target with:

2 packs of Skittles Blended Candies, 2 Family Sized bags of Ore Ida Hashbrowns, 1 Family Sized bag of Ore Ida Tator Tots, 2 One Liter Dasani Water Bottles, 2 bags of Welsh's Fruit Snacks, 2 Travel Sized Visines, 24ct Motrin, 24ct Tylenol PM, Full Sized Colgate Total, Full Sized Degree Men's Deodorant, Full Sized Dove Men's Body Wash, CoffeeMate Powder Singles, CoffeeMate Powder French Vanilla Singles, Bisquick Family Sized Shake and Pour Pancakes Mix, Kikkoman Teryaki, Kikkoman Soy Sauce, 4 Packs of Ortega Taco etc Seasoning, Oreo Snack Sack (Family Size), Chips Ahoy Snack Sack (Family Size), a Full Sized A&D Ointment, and Super Cute Baby Socks (pink pirate ones!)


My Out of Pocket for this trip was $69.34. I saved $42.82 in coupons, etc.  My weekly budget is $120.  I bought 56 items (one of which was a $10 stroller!!!).  I used 29 coupons.  I saved a little more than 38% off my total using coupons this week at Target.  Were I to save $42.82 every week, I would save $2226.64  just in weekly groceries/necessities coupons. Keep in mind that this budget includes items such as DVDs, Gifts, some Clothes, and even my new Stroller. Also, I saved 50.66 off my weekly budget by looking for the deals that didn't necessarily need a coupon.  That savings adds another $2634.32 annually if I can keep that trend up!  That is a total of  $4860.96 projected savings for the year this year if I keep this trend going. Not bad for 3 hrs a week!! It really all adds up and makes a big difference!


*when I say I got Paid to Own an item, in this posting's case, it means that instead of undervaluing my coupon, the cashier just accepted my coupons at face value. Usually, if it is a 97c item and you have $1 off, they will override the coupon to be 97c off instead. This time, even though I was honest enough to say "Here's a $2 off, but it was $1.97", they accepted the coupon, or the computer automatically took the full value off anyway.  Thus, giving me a discount greater than the cost of the item it was being used for.  This isn't always the case, so don't get too excited. Always know your store's coupon policy and always know what the fine print and exclusions on the coupons are.  My fave managers were working today and I heart them! They know I am honest and usually take my beeping coupons no problem! 

No comments:

Post a Comment