Welcome to my blog!

This blog is just a simple approach to finding deals, couponing, and maybe even making a few extra dollars... Whether you are saving for a vacation, or trying to make the most of your dollar on a day to day level, this blog will help you find your way!

Friday, April 15, 2011

Quick Tip for a Reader: Stock Up!

Quick Tip From a Comment From a Reader:
Stock Up 3 Months Worth
A reader left a comment under one of my posts with this comment:
fezfreckles said...
Anyone know of any mayo coupons I'm all out! Here's my tip- when you see a good sale on an item you use frequenly STOCK UP for at least 3 months. Usually after that time period the same deal will come back around. That way you don't go out and buy $4 mayo like I'm about to have to do! 
This made me chuckle and is very true.  When I first started couponing, all of a sudden, my eyes were opened to a world of being able to get items cheaply if not free. I immediately took for granted that free toothpaste would be a regular occurrence with my coupons. Of course, it isn't.  I didn't realize that sales went through cycle periods and I let a few good ones go.
I figured a similar coupon would come next week, or a similar sale, etc.  This is not always the case.  
I don't want to get more than my fair share at sales times. And, I don't want to turn into a hoarder (which is why I give, donate, or sell when my closet is too full).  But, this is a very good point my reader made:
Stock up at least 3 months, if not 6 months worth of items you love and use!  
Not only will this get you through to the next time this item cycles onto the sales, but it will also give you some breathing room.  If you get sick or burned out and want a break from the coupons, you will have your mini stockpile to draw from while you take a break from finding and working the deals.  
And, you will never run out and have to spend $4 for your next beloved condiment!! 
Thanks so much for the comment!!

No comments:

Post a Comment