Welcome to my blog!

This blog is just a simple approach to finding deals, couponing, and maybe even making a few extra dollars... Whether you are saving for a vacation, or trying to make the most of your dollar on a day to day level, this blog will help you find your way!

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Short CVS Trip

Ten Minutes, 43 Cents Spent, and a Free Gallon Of Milk Later..

This week my CVS trip was very short and sweet. I ended up going tonight instead of last night. And, I only had about ten minutes to dash in real quick. Life happened this week, and has kind of thrown everything off a bit.

When I went to Target this week, they were OUT OF MILK! How does that happen??!  
So, I decided to dash in to CVS tonight and use my $3.99 in EB from last week to get a gallon of milk.  When I went to check out, I 60cents short of being able to get the full value of $3.99 out of my EB. The milk was on sale and came out to be about $3.35 or so. I grabbed some half off Wrigley's gum and called it good. After the tax on my freebies, I owed CVS 43 cents. Bummer. Bummer because I didnt have any cash or change on me at all.. what am I thinking this week! So, 43 cents went on my credit card. 

Anyway! I was sure glad to get free milk this week. Yay! Put the 43 cents with the almost $78 at Target, and the $13 I spent at Harry and David on some gourmet treats (I saved $20 at H&D!), and I spent roughly $92-ish for the week. My weekly food, grocery, necessity budget is $120.  Hooray for saving money.  Even if you only do a small 10 minute deals dash, like my CVS run, it all adds up and "counts"! 
On the sad note, I missed my opportunity to snag the circular that starts next week. Sorry about that! I will try to get the next one on Tuesday so you guys will know if/when to use those coupons at CVS.

No comments:

Post a Comment