Welcome to my blog!

This blog is just a simple approach to finding deals, couponing, and maybe even making a few extra dollars... Whether you are saving for a vacation, or trying to make the most of your dollar on a day to day level, this blog will help you find your way!

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Rite Aid Cover Girl Deal Today... Rewarding Yet Complicated.

Cover Girl Deal: +Up Rewards, Sale, Coupons, AND Rebate.... Whew..

Through today, Rite Aid has all Cover Girl cosmetics Buy One, Get One 50% off. PLUS, when you spend $30 in participating P&G brands, you get $10 +Up Rewards back (limit one per person). Cover Girl is a participating brand. The $30 is a pre-coupon amount too! :)    AND! Cover Girl is also one of the brands you can use to work the current P&G Rebate found HERE.  You have to hurry though... you have until 10/31 to work this rebate.

Ok.. so if you can stick with me.. it gets a little tricky here.. but I will try to explain how I worked the Cover Girl, Rebate, +UP Rewards Rite Aid deal today. (it ends today... but it will give you an idea how to work similar deals in the future if it is too late for you to catch this one!)

Transaction one:

CG Lip Perfection:  $7.19
CG TruBlend Minerals Powder: $9.89
CG TruBlend Minerals Blush: $9.69 (then Half OFF, so really $4.84!)
CG Lip Perfection: $7.19
CG Lip Perfection: $7.19 (Then Half OFF, so really $3.59!)

Then, I used coupons:  
$8 off 2 CG
$8 off 2 CG
$1 off 1 CG

My total was $17.99 after tax!!   
My TOTAL SAVINGS were $25.45
My Total towards the rebate:  $32.70  (so even though I spent $17.99 out of pocket, I got credit for spending $32.70 because of how the receipt printed the cost of the items, and because these rebates consider the PRE COUPON amount per item.) 
AND, I got a $10 +UP reward back.

SO, Transaction 2:

CG Outlast: $10.99
CG Outlast: $8.99 ($4.49 after half off!)
CG Eyeshadow kit: $8.49
CG Lip Perfection:  $7.19 ($3.59 after half off)
CG Eye Pencil:  $5.99
CG Bronzer: $4.39 ($2.19 after half off)


Then I used Coupons:

$10+Up Rewards from Transaction 1
$8 off 2 CG
$1 off 1 CG
$1 off 1 CG
$1 off 1 CG

Total after Tax:  $14.74
I saved  $31.30!  
Total Towards the Rebate:  $35.74

Goal of the rebate is MET! 

Total out of pocket to get to the $50:  $32.73
I will get $10 back!
I bought $89.48 worth of product for $22.73 after I get my rebate check in! That totally rocks! And I am set on make up for a while now! :)

Which is great. Because I hate to admit it, but I have not bought any make up in 3 years. Sigh. So today was totally fun.. well, once you take out the whole shopping with toddlers factor! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment