Welcome to my blog!

This blog is just a simple approach to finding deals, couponing, and maybe even making a few extra dollars... Whether you are saving for a vacation, or trying to make the most of your dollar on a day to day level, this blog will help you find your way!

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Time for Me to Get Some Business Cards...

Put a Smile on When You Are Shopping.. 
You Never Know Who That Other Shopper Might Be...

This is an interesting story of sorts, if you are up for that... It IS deals related, if you bear with the story first.. :)



So, the other day I ran into Walgreens real quick. I know! I swore off Walgreens. But I was out of town, had limited coupons with me, and needed DIAPERS! ACK! So, Walgreens it was. Since I had to spend the money anyway, I took five minutes to glance at the circular and put together a make shift POA.  

It would have worked out to be slightly less out of pocket expense, but with less Rewards left over at the end of the trip had I worked the deals in 4 transactions.  This is kind of besides the point this time. Because, when I went to check out, I got behind this guy with a buggy full o stuff. He had some papers in his hand... AND THEN, he LET ME Go in front of him. Even though I had a buggy full as well. I looked at him, smiled, thanked him, then said "Oh. You're a couponer, right? Me too. Since you were so nice, I will only do two transactions!" We both chuckled. He said he was only there for one transaction that day! Funny stuff.. Couponer humor. 

Anyway, it turns out he and his wife have a blog too. It seems like we both focus on a lot of the same stuff, but we also vary since we are in different regions.  This is BIG NEWS for you Jacksonites... bc they do the Kroger Deals I can never find!!

We exchanged information. 

The next day, I had to go back to Walgreens for another "didn't pack very well for the trip" emergency.  This time, his WIFE was in line behind me!!  Is that great or what?

She pointed out that my only paying 50c per On the Go Crayola pack was nice and all, but wouldn't I like them better if they were free?!  It was a pure "Duh!" moment.  We all have them.  So, I went back and snagged 4 more Free Crayola packs.

**This Sunday, there was a Crayola $2 off any Explosion Q in Smart Source, and a $1 off any Wonder Q in Smart Source.  Walgreens has the Go packs of both of these (on end caps near Easter items in this location) 2/$3.  Using the coupons together, that means BOTH are FREE... Glad I got extra papers this week.. and also glad that my new friend gave me a couple of her Crayola Coupons as well!!!

So, I am hoping this will be a new friendship of sorts that will benefit both of our readers in MS!!

Check out their blog HERE at  www.that70schick.com  and also follow her on FB.  Her husband came to Walgreens with his own deals spreadsheet even!!!  You know they are serious about all this! 

*They seem to follow the Kroger, Walgreens, and Walmart deals closely. I don't focus on those as much as CVS, Rite Aid, and Target.. so this should be pretty great for all the readers!

**If I am to keep meeting folks unexpectedly, I need some cards printed up! You know I am going to get them FREE at VistaPrint... 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment