Welcome to my blog!

This blog is just a simple approach to finding deals, couponing, and maybe even making a few extra dollars... Whether you are saving for a vacation, or trying to make the most of your dollar on a day to day level, this blog will help you find your way!

Monday, April 25, 2011

Target Brag: Easter Clearance and MORE!

I Saved About $60 Today at Target. 
What Could You Do With An Extra $60 a Week? 
$240 A Month? 
You Can Coupon. If You Do, You Can Get Some Deals Like I Did Today!
I got some great deals at Target today. I am going to spare you all the random details on my receipt and highlight the really good deals for you today.  And, Yes. Today I started Easter shopping for next year. Don't Tell my kids or in-laws! :)

*Disclaimer:  It is Target's official policy to Value Down a coupon if it exceeds the in-store value. For example, when I used a $2 off ANY Head and Shoulders coupon to buy the 97c travel size, the policy is for the cashier to value the coupon down to 97c off instead of taking $2 off.  Today, you will see in many cases,the computer took my coupons without beeping.. and took them for the full face value of the coupon amount. This hardly ever happens. AND I did tell the clerk that I had items that would need the coupons valued down on. She just scanned them and they all went through. So, instead of free, I got some nice overage today.  I did it on the up and up with integrity, so Cool! ALWAYS tell the clerks about these types of coupon issues upfront. IF they choose to take the coupon at full face value after that and not Value Down the coupon, then yippee for you. You did what you were supposed to do and if the computer didn't beep on the coupon, there really isnt a way to Value Down the coupon, anyway.  

I was prepared for a long check out as we went line by line to Value Down my coupons... lots were expiring, so I hurried and used them for travel sized freebies.  **overage refers to the amount I basically got paid to own something.

Here's what I snagged:
  • Tide Single Load Detergent: 97c, used $1 off Any Manuf Coupon (P&G rebate book) = 3c overage!
  • Wonka Exceptionals Eggs Candy: On Clearance for $1.99, used $1 Manuf Q= 99c
  • 8 Boxes of Skittles Blenders Candies (movie theater size):  On Clearance for 49c ea.  Used 2 $1 off 2 Skittles Blenders Target Q, and 2 manuf coupons for 50c off 2 = $1 for 8 boxes, or 12.5c ea box
  • Pringles: 2 cans at $1.57 ea, used a $1 off 2 Manuf Q= $1.07 ea
  • 1 L Sparkling Ozarka Water: 69c ea, used a BOGO Manuf Q =  34.5 c ea
  • Kraft Bunny Marshmallows: On Clearance 50% off = 59c
  • Bagel Bites: $2.49- $1 Manuf Q = $1.49
  • Nivea Body Wash: $3.04 - $3 Manuf Q = 4 c!
  • Old Spice Deodorant: 97 c - $1 off ANY Manuf Q (P&G Brand Rebate book) = 3c overage!
  • Olay Bar of Soap:  97c - $2 off ANY Olay Manuf Q (P&G Brand Rebate Book) = $1.03 overage!!
  • Secret Deodorant: 97c- $1 off ANY Manuf Q (P&G rebate book)= 3c overage!
  • Oral B Cavity Defense Toothbrush:  $1.59 - $1 off ANY Manual Oral B Toothbrush Manuf Q (P&G) = 59c
  • Head and Shoulders: 97c - $2 off ANY Manuf Q (P&G Rebate book) = $1.03 overage!
  • Herbal Essence Shampoo:  97c- $1 off ANY Manuf Q (P&G Rebate Book) = 3c overage!
  • Band Aids (Hello Kitty): 97c - 50c Manuf Q = 47c
  • Band Aids (Hello Kitty): 97c ea, bought 2, used a $2 off 2 Manuf Q= 6c overage to own both!
  • Hello Kitty Band Aid (97c) and Travel Listerine ($1.47) : $2.43 for both, used a $2 off 2 Manuf Q = 43c for both, or about 22c each!
  • Fur Real Friend Mini for Easter (clearanced to $3.49) and a Single Chocolate Peep (Clearanced to 49c): $3.98.  I used a Manuf Q for $2 off Fur Real Easter Friend WYB ANY chocolate Peep = $1.98 for both.  (really good, since the original cost on the Fur Real Friend was around $7!!)
I got a lot of good products and things I needed on the cheap today.  And, yes, I really did need that many Hello Kitty bandaids! We had about 3 Band Aids in the house prior to this.. now we have 40! Whew.

Here is the breakdown:


Total Pre Tax Out of Pocket Expense:  $7.52
Number of Coupons Used:  20
Items Bought:  30
Coupons Total Value:  $24.19
Pre Coupon, Pre Clearance, Original Value of All Items When Bought at Regular Full Price:  $45.01

Total Savings Today On The Items Above: About 83% or  $37.49 off Original In-Store Cost. 

*I did not list everything I bought, or all of my coupons.  This is my "highlight reel".  I actually saved about $60 with coupons this trip, and only spent $76.56, pre tax, on this trip.  That means I saved about 44% off my total today with coupons!  (I saved even more than that off original in-store costs, bc much of what I bought was on sale today)

**AND! Notice many of these deals were done without needing stackable coupons.  

No comments:

Post a Comment