Welcome to my blog!

This blog is just a simple approach to finding deals, couponing, and maybe even making a few extra dollars... Whether you are saving for a vacation, or trying to make the most of your dollar on a day to day level, this blog will help you find your way!

Friday, January 14, 2011

Rants, Raves, And Reviews: CVS in North Gulfport

My Rants, Raves, and Reviews

CVS, North Gulfport Location

When I started my own venture into the couponing world, I started small. I decided to look at the weekly circulars and pick one drugstore to focus on while I learned how to coupon and deal seek proactively. CVS seemed to have a rewards program I could easily grasp, and they had the best deals suited to my family's needs that week. The circular was also relatively uncluttered and straight-forward. A bonus was that CVS is on the way to the post office for me. I can swing in on my way to drop off my Ebay items that I need to ship. 

So, off to CVS I went, armed with my Bargain Binder and all the kiddos with me. 

This CVS is very much a neighborhood store. It is not big or flashy. Half the time, they don't even get around to tagging all the items on the shelves to reflect the current sales prices or deals. AND, they often run out of the "best, most popular" deals of the week. You absolutely HAVE to shop with your circular pulled out to find the exact items on sale.

But, I LOVE this CVS. The people there are great, once you get to know them. It is the type of store where you get on a first name basis with the clerks and managers. You know which cashier has twin girls, and which manager is a single dad. The employees see you walk in, the notorious coupon lady (one of a few that frequent this location), and say "Hey! Good to see you again! You missed last week. How's your family? Here's a stack of coupons I saved for you for next time I saw you! Can your kids have a balloon?"  IF they are out of an item that is in the circular, most of the time they will willingly and happily give you a raincheck for that item, with the deals and Extra Bucks attached.  Need to roll transactions and deals/Extra Bucks? No problem! Their response is always "what goes with this transaction?"  They tell me when they are expecting truck shipments (usually Thursdays), and they often give me the new circular a day or two before it officially comes out.

They are quaint, not the best stocked. But I still love this location. It is the attitude of the employees that makes all the difference. If you are getting started in the couponing world, I highly recommend this location. Give them a smile, and they will return it!

Thanks so much for being patient with me while I was figuring the coupons and deals out. And double thanks for being awesome about the trips I make where I do 3 or 4 transactions back to back, CVS in North Gulfport!!

No comments:

Post a Comment